Bargain Bin Gaming- Episode 43: Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Despite being such a fixture in the video game industry for so long, all portable attempts at the GTA series have fallen flat on their collective faces, that is until GTA Liberty City Stories hit the shelves.
The thing that really stands out about Liberty City Stories is that it feels like a combination of GTA 3 & Vice City. Combining elements from such colossal hits and having them at your finger tips not only make Liberty City Stories a must have for any GTA fan, but a good starting point for anyone who’s been living under a rock the past ten years and has never played the game.
Unlike the GBA versions of the series, the PSP version of GTA runs pretty much the same way the PS2 version does. The game’s graphics and sound are without a doubt on par with the PS2 and despite some frame rate problems from time to time, the game runs very smoothly.
One problem, however that rears its ugly head through the games great graphics and sound, is the control. Gamers may have a tough time adapting to the PSP analog stick, as driving and maneuvering your character in tight spaces can become tedious. After a period of gameplay, the game does become much easier to control, but when confronted with many enemies on the screen, getting out-of-the-way often can be too difficult than it should be.
Despite control problems, GTA Liberty City Stories is so much fun to play that most gamers will be willing to put up with the mediocre control the game has. The game loads very proficiently as well, providing gamers with the ability to take the game anywhere. That element alone makes GTA Liberty City Stories a must buy for any PSP owner.
Patrick Hickey Jr.
Latest posts by Patrick Hickey Jr. (see all)
- Review Fix Exclusive: Jeff Bunker and John Vignocchi Talk Toy Box in ‘Disney Infinity 2.0’ - November 27, 2014
- NXT Power Rankings: Zayn Laments, Steen Vignettes - November 27, 2014
- What ‘WWE 2K15’ Got Wrong on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One - November 27, 2014
- ‘Madden 15′ Ultimate Team Goes Full Sanders - November 27, 2014
- Review Fix Exclusive: Julia Keren-Detar and Itay Keren Talk About the Eventual Legacy of ‘Mushroom 11’ - November 26, 2014