Glee’s Darren Criss to ‘Succeed’ Daniel Radcliffe
Darren Criss from “Glee” will take over Daniel Radcliffe’s role in “How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying” on Broadway when he quits in January, Playbill reported. Criss, however, only committed to a limited run, which ends after three weeks. One of the show’s representatives said no one is certain whether it’ll continue its run after he’s gone.
Criss will star as J. Pierrepont Finch, the window washer who uses a how-to book to land a job as an executive.
“When we learned of Darren’s dream of performing on Broadway we knew we had found our Finch, but presumed his ‘Glee’ schedule would eliminate any chance to work with him,” said “How to Succeed” director and choreographer Rob Ashford. “We are ecstatic and grateful to Ryan Murphy and his ‘Glee’ team at 20th Century Fox TV for helping to make both Darren’s and our dream come true.”
No stranger to sharing roles with Radcliffe, Criss portrayed the eponymous character in productions of “A Very Potter Musical” and “A Very Potter Sequel,” which Criss co-wrote while attending the University of Michigan.
Last month, Fox promoted Criss from supporting actor to main-cast member on “Glee” after his character emerged as a potential boyfriend for Chris Colfer’s character in November.
This article was originally published in AllMediaNy.com
Latest posts by David Guzman (see all)
- Lohan Lands Role in Lady Gaga Video - August 10, 2012
- National Film Registry Preserving ‘The Silence of the Lambs,’ ‘Forrest Gump’ - December 30, 2011
- Angelou’s Respect for Common Rises Above ‘N-word’ Controversy - December 21, 2011
- Traveler at ’127 Hours’ Desert Breaks Leg - September 29, 2011
- Five Music Videos That Consoled the 9/11 Generation - September 13, 2011