Clooney ‘Backs’ Out of Soderberg’s U.N.C.L.E.
Oscar-winning actor George Clooney, 50, has reportedly backed out of Steven Soderbergh’s new film The Man from U.N.C.L.E. because of injuries he sustained years ago while filming Syriana. While filming a particularly violent scene from Syriana, Clooney sustained back and brain injuries that have caused ongoing health issues.
“He said he just can’t do the action and stunt scenes,” reports the Huffington Post. “In fact, I think he’s planning on having another operation during the time he would have been filming.”
“But George knows this movie is all about action, and he knows he’s just not up to it,” says an U.N.C.L.E. source. “That’s what this is about. It’s nothing to do with Steven.”
U.N.C.L.E. will be based on the 1960s spy television show of the same name and is due to begin filming in February 2012.
Clooney and Soderbergh have previously worked on the Ocean’s 11 franchise and Michael Clayton.
Clooney will next be seen in The Ides of March, opening on October 7. The film co-stars Ryan Gosling, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Marissa Tomei.
Soderbergh is currently promoting Contagion. The film stars Oscar winners Matt Damon, Kate Winslet and Marion Cotillard.
Molly C. Braswell
Latest posts by Molly C. Braswell (see all)
- ‘Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’ Adds Cast Members, Gets Premiere Date - September 28, 2012
- Playing a Mean Character on ‘Glee’ was ‘Difficult’ for Kate Hudson - September 16, 2012
- Leonardo DiCaprio May Go Nude in ‘Wolf on Wall Street’ - September 6, 2012
- Lady Gaga Records New Album While Naked in Studio - August 30, 2012
- ‘Real Housewives of New York City’ Recap: Pirate Booty Call - August 29, 2012