ISLAND DEF JAM MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCES RESTRUCTURING OF POP, ROCK AND RHYTHM PROMOTION DEPARTMENT
• CHRISTINE CHIAPPETTA PROMOTED TO SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, ROCK PROMOTION
• NOAH SHEER APPOINTED VICE PRESIDENT, RHYTHM PROMOTION
• MIKE CHESTER PROMOTED TO VICE PRESIDENT, POP PROMOTION
(New York, NY) In a move to strengthen and dominate the current radio landscape, Island Def Jam Music Group has reorganized the executive staff of its Promotion Department, it was announced today by Rick Sackheim, Executive Vice President, Promotion, Island Def Jam Music Group.
In carrying out this reorganization, four key appointments have been made:
Todd Glassman has been appointed Senior Vice President, Promotion, Island Def Jam Music Group, overseeing promotion activities at the Top 40 and Hot AC formats. Mr. Glassman, who is based in New York, has served as Senior Vice President, Promotion, Universal Motown, since May 2009; and prior to that, Vice President, Top 40 Promotion, Universal Motown, since 2007.
Christine Chiappetta has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Rock Promotion, Island Def Jam Music Group, overseeing all rock formats as well as assisting with marketing plans for rock and alternative bands on the label. Ms. Chiappetta, who is based in Los Angeles, has spent nine years with IDJ, most recently as Vice President, Promotion.
Noah Sheer has been appointed Vice President, Rhythm Promotion, working the Rhythm radio formats. Mr. Sheer, who is based in Los Angeles, has spent 11 years with IDJ, starting as Mid-Atlantic Regional Promotion Manager in 2000. He was promoted to Senior Director, Rhythm Promotion, in 2004; and Vice President, Top 40 Promotion, in 2008.
Mike Chester has been promoted to Vice President, Pop Promotion, focusing on Top 40 radio. Mr. Chester, who is based in New York, has spent six-years with IDJ, starting as Director of West Coast Promotion in 2005. He was promoted to National Director, Pop Promotion, in 2006; and Senior Director, Top 40 Promotion, in 2008.
“Island Def Jam is blessed with the greatest radio promotion staff in the industry, hands down,” said Mr. Sackheim. “Todd, Christine, Mike, and Noah are all well-seasoned and uniquely qualified to take on the new challenges in our promotion universe. We are confident that their leadership and imaginations will make IDJ Promotion the new gold standard.”
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- Norman Reedus, Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Tom Felton Among Top Celebrities Scheduled To Attend Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con, January 9-10-11, 2015 - December 28, 2014
- Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con Attendees To Receive ‘The Walking Dead #1′ Limited Edition Exclusive Variant Cover By Michael Cho, January 9-11 - December 27, 2014
- THE ROAD TO DAMASCUS begins at 59E59 Theaters on January 17, part of the inaugural 5A Season - December 26, 2014
- THE ART OF HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE™ LIMITED EDITION HAS THE POWER - December 25, 2014
- Straight From Troma: TROMADANCE 2015 is Now Accepting Submissions- Send in Your Projects by March 15th, 2015! - December 24, 2014