Straight From Dark Horse: ANNOUNCING TIM SEELEY’S EX SANGUINE
“Ex Sanguine is my take on the vampire-romance genre, but instead of being full of longing and anguished staring, it’s full of brutal flirtations between two savage predators, one a vampire, one a serial killer,” said Tim Seeley.
One is a natural-born killer—a remorseless hunter of men restlessly prowling the night for victims to quench an unnatural bloodlust. The other, Saul Adams, is a vampire. A bored vampire. His centuries of existence have left him world weary and detached, lost in a haze of endless memories for days or weeks on end. His latest bout of preoccupation is mercifully interrupted by federal agents.
They insinuate Saul’s complicity in the latest of a series of murders that have come to be known as “The Sanguine Killings.” Saul ignores these accusations, having eyes only for the bits of crime scenes they show him. The Sanguine Killer doesn’t just kill; he also paints primal pictographs in his victims’ blood. Where the feds see murderous compulsion and rage in the intricate patterns of Xs left on walls and sidewalks by the killer, Saul sees something different: Craft. Art.
“Dark Horse has long been the leader in high-quality, innovative horror comics, and I’m honored to bring my blood-soaked ‘romance’ Ex Sanguine to their impressive lineup,” Tim Seeley added.
Ex Sanguine #1 is on sale November 28, 2012.
About Dark Horse Comics
Since 1986, Dark Horse Comics has proven to be a solid example of how integrity and innovation can help broaden a unique storytelling medium and establish a small, homegrown company as an industry giant. The company is known for the progressive and creator-friendly atmosphere it provides for writers and artists. In addition to publishing comics from top talent like Frank Miller, Mike Mignola, Neil Gaiman, Gerard Way, Will Eisner, and best-selling prose author Janet Evanovich, Dark Horse has developed such successful characters as the Mask, Timecop, and the Occultist. Additionally, its highly successful line of comics and products based on popular properties includes Star Wars, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aliens, Conan the Barbarian, Mass Effect, Serenity, and Domo. Today, Dark Horse Comics is the largest independent comic-book publisher in the United States and is recognized as both an innovator in the cause of creator rights and the comics industry’s leading publisher of licensed material.
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- DARK HORSE PUBLISHES LUVISI’S LAST MAN STANDING: KILLBOOK OF A BOUNTY HUNTER - June 18, 2013
- LONDON GRAMMAR HEADLINE UK TOUR DATES ANNOUNCED - June 18, 2013
- SOiL BECOMES ‘WHOLE’ AS SIXTH ALBUM IS RELEASED AUGUST 20 VIA PAVEMENT ENTERTAINMENT; TOUR SET TO LAUNCH JUNE 19 IN BOWLING GREEN, KY - June 17, 2013
- ROCKSTAR ENERGY UPROAR FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES ‘COLDCOCK HERBAL WHISKEY SHOWCASE STAGE’ FOR AUGUST 9-SEPTEMBER 15 NORTH AMERICAN TREK - June 16, 2013
- ACCLAIMED BRITISH ACTION SUSPENSE THRILLER WRITTEN BY NOTABLE CULT FILM AND TV SCRIBE JAMES MORAN BLASTS ONTO U.S HOME ENTERTAINMENT SHELVES NATIONWIDE - June 16, 2013