DROPKICK MURPHYS TO CELEBRATE FOURTH OF JULY WITH THE BOSTON POPS ‘BOSTON POPS FIREWORKS SPECTACULAR’ AIRS LIVE ON CBS NATIONWIDE JULY 4 AT 10PM ET
Dropkick Murphys are set to join conductor Keith Lockhart and the Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra on July 4 for the 39th annual Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular. The free concert at the iconic DCR Hatch Shell on the Charles River Esplanade in Boston begins at 8:20pm EDT on July 4, and airs nationally on CBS starting at 10pm EDT.
Local television coverage in Boston begins at 8pm EDT on Boston’s WBZ-TV and a live audio stream of the complete concert will be available at www.cbsboston.com. For more information about the concert, go to www.july4th.org.
Dropkick Murphys–Al Barr (lead vocals), Tim Brennan (guitars, accordion, whistle, vocals), Ken Casey (lead vocals, bass guitar), Jeff DaRosa (banjo, bouzouki, mandolin, harmonica, vocals), Matt Kelly (drums, vocals), James Lynch (guitar, vocals), and Scruffy Wallace (bagpipes, tin whistles)–join Boston Pops guests that include host Michael Chiklis and singer Jennifer Hudson for the annual Independence Day extravaganza.
As previously announced, Dropkick Murphys kick off their “Halfway To St. Patrick’s Day Tour” on September 14, highlighted by a September 21 hometown performance at Boston’s Bank Of America Pavilion waterfront amphitheatre.Dropkick Murphys are touring in support of their critically acclaimed Going Out In Style and Going Out In Style: Fenway Park Bonus Edition CDs, both released via the band-owned Born & Bred Records.
The rest of the current tour itinerary is as follows:
Date City Venue
Thur 6/28 Tromoy, Norway Hove Festival
Sat 6/30 Belfort, France Eurockness
Sun 7/1 Werchter, Belgium Rock Werchter
39th Annual Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular:
Wed 7/4 Boston, MA DCR Hatch Shell
Halfway To St. Patrick’s Day Tour:
Fri 9/14 Buffalo, NY Outer Harbor
Sat 9/15 Chicago, IL Riot Fest/Humboldt Park
Tue 9/18 Detroit, MI The Fillmore
Wed 9/19 Pittsburgh, PA Stage AE
Thur 9/20 Utica, NY Saranac Brewery
Fri 9/21 Boston, MA Bank Of America Pavilion
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- CATES & REZNICEK DEBUT BUZZKILL - May 20, 2013
- GAELIC STORM OFFER “FRIENDS & FAMILY DISCOUNT” FOR THEIR RAG AND BONE WORKSHOP AT FULL MOON RESORT IN NEW YORK’S CATSKILL MOUNTAINS JULY 29-AUGUST 2, 2013 - May 19, 2013
- Dark Horse Superhero BLACKOUT Debuts in Dark Horse Presents - May 19, 2013
- Nathan Fillion Unable To Attend Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con - May 17, 2013
- Upcoming Turn-based Strategy PC Game Fallen Enchantress – Legendary Heroes Release Date Announced: Conquer Everything on May 22, 2013 - May 17, 2013