Charlie Sheen’s ‘Anger Management’ Premiere Breaks Viewer Records
According to a statement from FX network, the new show drew in 5.47 million viewers, 2.65 million in the 18-49 demographic—a record for a scripted cable comedy debut.
The second airing of the show that night brought the total numbers to 5.74 million total viewers, which helped propel Anger Management to being the most watched debut in the history of FX.
Sheen has dubbed Anger Management, based on the 2003 movie starring Jack Nicholson and Adam Sandler, his “swan song,” saying that after this show, he is finished with the sitcom world—and so far, he is definitely going out with a bang.
He also pulled himself into a pretty sweet deal—if the first 10 episodes are a hit, FX will order 90 more to produce over the next two years. The show will then be ready for syndication in about half the time it usually would take, says Rolling Stone.
Anger Management airs on FX Thursdays at 9:30 p.m.
This article originally appeared on AllMediaNY.com
Latest posts by Anthony Bell (see all)
- ‘Once Upon a Time’ Recap: Magic is Back, But What Has Changed? - October 5, 2012
- NBC’s ‘The Voice’ Renewed for Two Seasons in 2013 - September 29, 2012
- Adele Records Upcoming James Bond Theme for ‘Skyfall’ - September 21, 2012
- ‘RoboCop’ Suit from New Remake Revealed - September 20, 2012
- Liza Minnelli Returns to ‘Arrested Development’ - September 15, 2012