Nintendo News Celebrate the Month of Mario: Four Discounted Mario Titles in the Nintendo eShop Commemorate the Aug. 19 Launch of New Super Mario Bros. 2
Nintendo has declared the four weeks preceding the Aug. 19 launch of New Super Mario Bros. 2 as the Month of Mario. To celebrate the launch of this new game, which is playable on the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo is making one Mario game per week available at a discount in theNintendo eShop. Fans who can’t wait to get their thumbs on New Super Mario Bros. 2 will have four classic Mario adventures to enjoy before launch day.
Each classic Mario game will enjoy a one-week run at a discounted price. The games, prices and dates of each discount are as follows:
July 26 – Aug. 1 Super Mario Bros. $3.99
Aug. 2 – Aug. 8 Super Mario Land $2.99
Aug. 9 – Aug. 15 Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins $2.99
Aug. 16 – Aug. 22 Mario’s Picross $2.99
New Super Mario Bros. 2 is an original side-scrolling Mario game for Nintendo 3DS with an emphasis on coin collection. Each level is littered with gold as coins rain down from overhead pipes, trails of coins are left behind special gold enemies and pipes transport Mario into coin-filled caverns. It’s up to players to collect as many coins as possible throughout their adventure. The game features the return of the fan-favorite Raccoon Mario, and the entire game can be played cooperatively with a friend via a local wireless connection (two Nintendo 3DS systems and game cards required). Consumers can purchase the game on Aug. 19 through major retailers nationwide, or as a download from the Nintendo eShop. The Nintendo 3DS XL hand-held system also launches on Aug. 19.
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- DARK HORSE PUBLISHES LUVISI’S LAST MAN STANDING: KILLBOOK OF A BOUNTY HUNTER - June 18, 2013
- LONDON GRAMMAR HEADLINE UK TOUR DATES ANNOUNCED - June 18, 2013
- SOiL BECOMES ‘WHOLE’ AS SIXTH ALBUM IS RELEASED AUGUST 20 VIA PAVEMENT ENTERTAINMENT; TOUR SET TO LAUNCH JUNE 19 IN BOWLING GREEN, KY - June 17, 2013
- ROCKSTAR ENERGY UPROAR FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES ‘COLDCOCK HERBAL WHISKEY SHOWCASE STAGE’ FOR AUGUST 9-SEPTEMBER 15 NORTH AMERICAN TREK - June 16, 2013
- ACCLAIMED BRITISH ACTION SUSPENSE THRILLER WRITTEN BY NOTABLE CULT FILM AND TV SCRIBE JAMES MORAN BLASTS ONTO U.S HOME ENTERTAINMENT SHELVES NATIONWIDE - June 16, 2013