Rockstar Games Announces Max Payne 3 Local Justice Pack Now Available
Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is happy to announce that the Local Justice Pack, the first downloadable content pack for Max Payne 3, is now available for download on the Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network and PlayStation® Network for the PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system. The pack will be available for the PC on July 17, 2012.
“The Local Justice Pack is just the beginning of a deeper multiplayer experience for Max Payne 3,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “We’re excited to deliver a new take on the game’s epic final battle locations, tailored specifically for the online arena.”
This pack includes three new maps for Max Payne 3 multiplayer based on areas from the game’s intense final chapters (The Imperial Palace, Departure Lounge and 55th Battalion HQ); the new M4 assault rifle and attachments; the Light Fingers item for faster looting; a new São Paulo Police multiplayer faction; and associated new Achievements, Trophies or Social Club accomplishments.
The Local Justice Pack will be available for one week only at a discounted price of 480 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE) or $5.99 on PSN. The pack will then return to its normal price of 640 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE) or $7.99 on PSN. Players who purchased the Max Payne 3 Rockstar Pass will receive the pack free of charge. The Rockstar Pass is currently available for 2400 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE) or $29.99 on PSN.
Additionally, all Max Payne 3 pre-order and retail DLC is now available for purchase on Xbox LIVE and PSN, including:
· Cemetery Map – Multiplayer map with a wintry New York City skyline, sniping positions amongst the monuments, destructible tombstones, and a looming mausoleum: 160 Microsoft Points/$1.99 PSN;
· Silent Killer Loadout Pack – Includes the Light Anti-Tank Weapon, the Slippery Character Burst to quickly escape a firefight, and the Listening Device Item that amplifies player hearing: 160 Microsoft Points/$1.99 PSN;
· Pill Bottle Item – Allows players to carry more painkillers in multiplayer: 80 Microsoft Points/$0.99 PSN;
· Deadly Force Burst – Grants extra stopping power with higher damage bullets in multiplayer: 80 Microsoft Points/$0.99 PSN;
· Classic Max Payne Character – Multiplayer avatar inspired by the original Max Payne: 80 Microsoft Points/$0.99 PSN.
All pre-order and retail DLC will be available for PC on July 17th.
Featuring cutting edge shooting mechanics for precision gunplay, advanced new Bullet Time® and Shootdodge™ effects, full integration of Natural Motion’s Euphoria Character Behavior system for lifelike movement and a dark and twisted story, Max Payne 3 is a seamless, highly detailed, cinematic experience from Rockstar Games.
For more information, log onto www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3.
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- Nintendo News: Nintendo 3DS First-Party Software Sales Are Up 52 Percent in 2013 - May 23, 2013
- THE OCCULTIST RETURNS - May 22, 2013
- Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion DLC “Forbidden Worlds” Arrives June 5th - May 22, 2013
- CATES & REZNICEK DEBUT BUZZKILL - May 20, 2013
- GAELIC STORM OFFER “FRIENDS & FAMILY DISCOUNT” FOR THEIR RAG AND BONE WORKSHOP AT FULL MOON RESORT IN NEW YORK’S CATSKILL MOUNTAINS JULY 29-AUGUST 2, 2013 - May 19, 2013