Single Review: Star City Meltdown’s ‘Here With You’
The beginning electric guitar riff accompanied by the heavy drum beat set the tone for the rest of the song. “Here with You” is an everyday, run of the mill love song about a man who questions whether or not he is good enough for the woman he loves.
Even though the lyrics may be a bit typical, “Here with You” still sounds as if it is a modern version of a power ballad from the ’80s.
During the chorus, lead singer, Brad Dills, shows all of his vocal range. As the song reaches its bridge and ultimate climax, Dills lays all his cards on the table. His screaming gives the song a great hard rock sound that anyone could head bang to.
The background guitar riffs and commanding drums greatly complement the singer’s voice. The song makes a full circle as it mellows out towards the end.
“Here with You” leaves you with a feeling of a nicely composed alternative rock song that could be heard at a Warped Tour or any pop-rock radio station.
“Here With You” Available For Free Download Via SkyDrive
Latest posts by Jennifer Szulman (see all)
- Cinderella Review: Fall in Love Again - May 12, 2013
- “Trance” Review: Pleasing, Yet Confusing - April 30, 2013
- Review Fix Exclusive 2013 Tribeca Film Festival Coverage: Interview With ‘Adult World’ Executive Producer Mohammed Al Turki - April 27, 2013
- Review Fix Exclusive Tribeca Film Festival Coverage: John Cullum Discusses his Role in “Adult World” - April 26, 2013
- Review Fix Exclusive 2013 Tribeca Film Festival Coverage: Say Hello to Bub - April 25, 2013