‘Great Gatsby’ Getting a 2013 Release
Warner Bros. has moved The Great Gatsby to the summer of 2013, but they have not given a specific date.
“Baz is known for being innovative, but with this film he has done something completely unexpected—making it in 3D—while capturing the emotion, the intimacy, the power and the spectacle of the time,” said Kwan Vanderberg, Warner Bros. president of international distribution. “The responses we’ve had to some of the early sneak peeks have been phenomenal, and we think The Great Gatsby will be the perfect summer movie around the world.”
This reschedule has led many (including us) to deduce that the movie is terrible, or something along that line. Look for reshoots to possibly happen soon. This reschedule is especially suspicious, given that the WB has already begun publicizing the film.
“Based on what we’ve seen, Baz Luhrmann’s incredible work is all we anticipated and so more,” said Dan Feldman, the president of domestic distribution at Warner Bros. said. “We think moviegoers of all ages are going to embrace it.”
Other high-profile December releases may have something to do with the move, too. The Hobbit, Django Unchained (DiCaprio’s other film), Les Miserables and The Life of Pi open that month.
Luhrmann’s film stars Carey Mulligan, Tobey Maguire and Joel Edgerton, in addition to DiCaprio.
This article was originally published on AllMediaNY.com
Molly C. Braswell
Latest posts by Molly C. Braswell (see all)
- ‘Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’ Adds Cast Members, Gets Premiere Date - September 28, 2012
- Playing a Mean Character on ‘Glee’ was ‘Difficult’ for Kate Hudson - September 16, 2012
- Leonardo DiCaprio May Go Nude in ‘Wolf on Wall Street’ - September 6, 2012
- Lady Gaga Records New Album While Naked in Studio - August 30, 2012
- ‘Real Housewives of New York City’ Recap: Pirate Booty Call - August 29, 2012