Trailer Thoughts: The Last Stand
After taking a long break from his acting career due to his stint as Governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger is back is this high octane action thriller “The Last Stand.” From the trailer alone, you can tell that this film will feature massive explosions, intense action and several car chase scenes.
Schwarzenegger stars as Sheriff Owens, a man who has walked away from a life of crime in a quiet town of Sommerton after leaving his LAPD post following an operation that has gone awry. But things don’t start off easy. Owens gets back to his old life of fighting after a prisoner escaped from an FBI prison convoy and is headed towards Sommerton at 200 mph in a specially outfitted car with a hostage and an army of gang members.
Awaiting the prisoner is the law enforcement that will have their final chance to make a stand and intercept him before he slips across the border.
Owens now has no choice but to accept responsibility for one of the most daring face offs in cinema history. He is now ready to make his stand in this action thriller that is slated to hit theaters in 2013. Overall, this trailer looks intense, comical and shows Schwarzenegger back to his action machine gun ways, which is why this film looks like it’s a worth the wait and definitely will have audiences interested in his big-screen return.
Latest posts by Nick Valente (see all)
- Review Fix Exclusive 2013 Tribeca Film Festival Coverage: Dead World Order Review: Simple and Fun - April 28, 2013
- 2013 Tribeca Film Festival Coverage: The Exit Room Review: In Your Face - April 26, 2013
- Thoughts on ‘The Americans’ - April 8, 2013
- Walking Dead Season Finale Recap: Another One Bites the Dust - April 6, 2013
- Walking Dead Season 3 Mid-Season Finale Review: Wassap Tyrese - December 4, 2012