Vince Vaughn Talks ‘Brady Bunch’ Reboot
Greg, Marcia, Peter, Jan, Bobby, Cindy (yes, typing those names was from memory—go ahead and laugh) will get into very G-rated trouble, learn their lesson, not be punished by their parents Mike and Carol and be all smiley again within the span of 22 minutes. Eight minutes of commercials are the standard in a half-hour sitcom. Duh.
And Alice the housekeeper/cook/everywoman will be there through it all.
Okay that’s not exactly how the show is going to work. More than a reboot, the show is a combination of a reboot and a spinoff.
Yeah, it’s actually getting worse.
The untitled show will follow modern-day Bobby Brady who is divorced with two children. He then meets another divorcee who has two children, and they get hitched, perhaps within the first episode a la Mike and Carol Brady. Maybe the kids will even join them on their honeymoon! This twist is that Bobby and his new bride will still have to deal with their ex-spouses.
Perhaps Bobby’s parents and five brothers and sisters will drop by often to instill the original Brady Bunch-ness in the show.
The Brady Bunch ran for five seasons, 1969-1974. It also spawned two satirical movies in the 1990s, The Brady Bunch Movie (1995) and A Very Brady Sequel (1996).
This article was originally published on AllMediaNy.com
Molly C. Braswell
Latest posts by Molly C. Braswell (see all)
- ‘Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’ Adds Cast Members, Gets Premiere Date - September 28, 2012
- Playing a Mean Character on ‘Glee’ was ‘Difficult’ for Kate Hudson - September 16, 2012
- Leonardo DiCaprio May Go Nude in ‘Wolf on Wall Street’ - September 6, 2012
- Lady Gaga Records New Album While Naked in Studio - August 30, 2012
- ‘Real Housewives of New York City’ Recap: Pirate Booty Call - August 29, 2012