‘RoboCop’ Suit from New Remake Revealed
A RoboCop remake is in the works, and the new suit has been revealed thanks to ComingSoon.net.
Set for release in August 2013, and directed by José Padilha, the new RoboCopstars Swedish actor Joel Kinnaman (The Killing) as hero Alex Murphy. The film, written by Josh Zetumer and Nick Schenk and based on the 1987 film by Edward Neumeier and Michael Miner, also stars Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton and Samuel L. Jackson.
The new suit is somewhat different from the original cyborg costume. While the chrome shine is missing, the update has cut the bulk of the original and also given it a black finish. The helmet is similar, with only the mouth exposed, though in the new suit, his right hand is also visible.
RoboCop will be released via Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures and Columbia Pictures and produced by Marc Abraham and Eric Newman, with Bill Carraro as executive producer.
See more images at ComingSoon.net.
This article originally appeared on AllMediaNY.com
Latest posts by Anthony Bell (see all)
- ‘Once Upon a Time’ Recap: Magic is Back, But What Has Changed? - October 5, 2012
- NBC’s ‘The Voice’ Renewed for Two Seasons in 2013 - September 29, 2012
- Adele Records Upcoming James Bond Theme for ‘Skyfall’ - September 21, 2012
- ‘RoboCop’ Suit from New Remake Revealed - September 20, 2012
- Liza Minnelli Returns to ‘Arrested Development’ - September 15, 2012