5 Hopes for WWE in 2013
5: Give Dolph Ziggler a “real” run with the World Heavyweight Title: Big Show doesn’t need a created title to prove himself, but it would do tons of good for Ziggler, who now paired with AJ Lee, could cause serious problems for anyone with some new-found stroke. An already solid worker, the belt could legitimize him the same way the WWE title helped The Miz.
4: Keep The Shield push going: These guys are too goddamn good to be wasted away. Dean Ambrose has the makings of a great upper mid-card heel and Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns could be an excellent tag team. Reigns, too can be a dominant singles performer. They just need more experience against top talent.
3: Develop more stars: Antonio Cesaro, Wade Barrett, Kofi Kingston, The Shield, The Usos, Kaitlyn, there’s plenty of guys in the back that could make good after a decent push. It’s up to the WWE to put these young guys over.
2: Make the Tag Team Division mean something again: With The Shield, The Usos, The Primetime Players and Primo and Epico, the WWE needs to have a massive tag team match to get these guys some more attention. Maybe another TLC match? But first, there needs to be quality storyline that pulls it all together. Otherwise, these guys will just be putting themselves in pain for no reason. That’s just not good business.
1: Keep the belt on CM Punk, at least until Wrestlemania: The Rock and Punk square off at Royal Rumble and a loss by “The Best in the World” would almost be something out of TNA laurels. A guy comes out of nowhere, gets a title shot and then, with no momentum, wins the goddamn thing. It doesn’t matter if it sets up a John Cena/Rock title encounter at Wrestlemania. Even though fans want to see it, taking the strap off Punk is not the smart thing. The Rock/Cena match will be a moneymaker regardless.
Patrick Hickey Jr.
Latest posts by Patrick Hickey Jr. (see all)
- Review Fix Exclusive: Jeff Bunker and John Vignocchi Talk Disney Infinity 2.0: Sneak Peek - November 23, 2014
- Review Fix Exclusive: Joe Fletcher Talks Guardian of the Galaxy in ‘Marvel Puzzle Quest’ - November 23, 2014
- TNA Impact Wrestling Coverage: Low Ki Wins the X, Terrell Queen of the Knockouts - November 23, 2014
- Review Fix Exclusive: Julia Keren-Detar and Itay Keren Talk About What They’ve Learned From ‘Mushroom 11’ - November 22, 2014
- Review Fix Exclusive: Jeremiah Kipp Talks ‘The Minions,’ ‘Berenice’ and ‘Painkiller’ - November 21, 2014