FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA’S THE BLACK BEETLE #0 SELLS OUT! DARK HORSE OFFERS EXTENDED PREVIEW OF ISSUE #1!
Written and drawn by Eisner Award winner Francesco Francavilla, this now-rare “zero issue” collects three Dark Horse Presents stories, from issues #11–#13, and acts as an introduction to Francavilla’s costumed pulp detective.
“[Francavilla] proves that a good, old-fashioned adventure story can still raise the bar in comics, whatever genres one may care to throw into the mix,” Hannah Means-Shannon said in her review of The Black Beetle: Night Shift on The Beat. “The Black Beetle certainly has the potential to become an enduring ‘cult classic,’ inspiring readers to roll up for more ‘twisted thoughts’ from Francavilla in 2013.”
And readers are in luck, as the first full-length series for Francavilla’s The Black Beetle premieres this month with The Black Beetle: No Way Out #1, on sale January 16, 2013!
Coming soon in No Way Out #1, Black Beetle’s investigation of two local mob bosses is interrupted when a mysterious explosion murders them and a pub full of gangsters—taking out most of Colt City’s organized crime in one fell swoop. Who could pull off such a coup, and what danger might that murderous bomber do to Colt City and Black Beetle?
Be sure to head to your local comics retailer to check out The Black Beetle #1 before it’s gone for good!
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- TAKING BACK SUNDAY WILL RELEASE ‘HAPPINESS IS: THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS’ ON FEBRUARY 24TH - November 27, 2014
- The Complete Junior And Sunny Catches Eyes This December - November 26, 2014
- IDW Continues To Celebrate Transformers 30th Anniversary The Celebratory Year Concludes With New Series - November 25, 2014
- CREAM 1966-1972: Vinyl Boxed Set Of British Rock Trio’s Studio And Live Recordings Set For Release November 24th 2014 - November 23, 2014
- Marvel Comics & IDW Publishing Create The Ultimate Team-Up With The Avengers Micro Comic Fun Packs - November 22, 2014