FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA’S THE BLACK BEETLE #0 SELLS OUT! DARK HORSE OFFERS EXTENDED PREVIEW OF ISSUE #1!
Written and drawn by Eisner Award winner Francesco Francavilla, this now-rare “zero issue” collects three Dark Horse Presents stories, from issues #11–#13, and acts as an introduction to Francavilla’s costumed pulp detective.
“[Francavilla] proves that a good, old-fashioned adventure story can still raise the bar in comics, whatever genres one may care to throw into the mix,” Hannah Means-Shannon said in her review of The Black Beetle: Night Shift on The Beat. “The Black Beetle certainly has the potential to become an enduring ‘cult classic,’ inspiring readers to roll up for more ‘twisted thoughts’ from Francavilla in 2013.”
And readers are in luck, as the first full-length series for Francavilla’s The Black Beetle premieres this month with The Black Beetle: No Way Out #1, on sale January 16, 2013!
Coming soon in No Way Out #1, Black Beetle’s investigation of two local mob bosses is interrupted when a mysterious explosion murders them and a pub full of gangsters—taking out most of Colt City’s organized crime in one fell swoop. Who could pull off such a coup, and what danger might that murderous bomber do to Colt City and Black Beetle?
Be sure to head to your local comics retailer to check out The Black Beetle #1 before it’s gone for good!
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- Third and Final Season of Emmy® Award-Winning Series of TRANSFORMERS PRIME Debuts on Breathtaking 2-Disc Blu-ray Collection and Deluxe 2-DVD Set - November 26, 2013
- TRIBECA FILM ACQUIRES NORTH AMERICAN RIGHTS TO BRITISH DRAMA STARRED UP - November 24, 2013
- Sound Engineer Jesse Cannon To Teach Free Online Course on DIY Mastering on Dec 10-11 - November 23, 2013
- Comics Legend Neal Adams To Conduct Charity Art Auctions At Wizard World Events Beginning At Austin Comic Con, November 22-24 - November 21, 2013
- Austin Mayor Lee Leffingwell To Declare November 22 “William Shatner Day” In Austin - November 17, 2013