FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA’S THE BLACK BEETLE #0 SELLS OUT! DARK HORSE OFFERS EXTENDED PREVIEW OF ISSUE #1!
Written and drawn by Eisner Award winner Francesco Francavilla, this now-rare “zero issue” collects three Dark Horse Presents stories, from issues #11–#13, and acts as an introduction to Francavilla’s costumed pulp detective.
“[Francavilla] proves that a good, old-fashioned adventure story can still raise the bar in comics, whatever genres one may care to throw into the mix,” Hannah Means-Shannon said in her review of The Black Beetle: Night Shift on The Beat. “The Black Beetle certainly has the potential to become an enduring ‘cult classic,’ inspiring readers to roll up for more ‘twisted thoughts’ from Francavilla in 2013.”
And readers are in luck, as the first full-length series for Francavilla’s The Black Beetle premieres this month with The Black Beetle: No Way Out #1, on sale January 16, 2013!
Coming soon in No Way Out #1, Black Beetle’s investigation of two local mob bosses is interrupted when a mysterious explosion murders them and a pub full of gangsters—taking out most of Colt City’s organized crime in one fell swoop. Who could pull off such a coup, and what danger might that murderous bomber do to Colt City and Black Beetle?
Be sure to head to your local comics retailer to check out The Black Beetle #1 before it’s gone for good!
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- SLIPKNOT’S LEGENDARY KNOTFEST RETURNS TO THE U.S. FRIDAY, OCTOBER 24 THROUGH SUNDAY, OCTOBER 26 - August 29, 2014
- Wizard World To Expand Its Comic Con Schedule To A Minimum Of 22 Shows In 2015 - August 28, 2014
- Garbage Pail Kids Get A Comic-Book Series At IDW - August 27, 2014
- VEVO PREMIERES MUSIC VIDEO FOR SomeKindaWonderful’s HIT SINGLE “REVERSE” - August 27, 2014
- The Search For Edward Scissorhands Begins At IDW - August 26, 2014