STRAIGHT FROM IDW: Ashley Wood Infiltrates the Fine Art World with MACHINE WITCHES
Having taken the comic book and toy industries by storm, it was only a matter of time until acclaimed artist, designer, and enfant terrible Ashley Wood* snuck his talents into the hallowed walls of one of the world’s foremost fine art galleries.
This past fall, the lauded Jonathan LeVine Gallery in New York City hosted Ash’s first fine art show: Machine Sabbath. This May, IDW Publishing is proud to present MACHINE WITCHES, a brand-new retrospective of that very same sold-out show.
The oversized hardcover MACHINE WITCHES book documents the slew of gorgeously expressive paintings, drawings, photographs, and sculptures exhibited during the show, but also comes loaded with unseen paintings, sketches, and a brand-new interview with Ash.
“Ashley Wood has gone legit! I never thought I’d see the day…” said Chris Ryall, IDW’s Chief Creative Officer and Editor-in-Chief. “…but I’m glad I did. It’s about time the fine art world recognized what we’ve all known for years, and now it’s nice to be able to show everyone what Ash has wrought outside of that stuffy gallery setting.”
This May, you might believe your eyes, but you’ll probably still be a little suspicious.
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- LEGENDARY IRISH SINGER MARY BLACK SET FOR FINAL TOUR OF THE UNITED STATES - July 26, 2014
- DARK HORSE TO PUBLISH THE ART OF HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE - July 25, 2014
- VALIANT Unleashes #VALIANTCRAFT Month This August - July 25, 2014
- Open Call for Entries for Screenwriting Competition with Over $60,000 in Cash and Prizes - July 22, 2014
- “BANG BANG” WORLD PREMIERE JULY 29 - July 21, 2014