STRAIGHT FROM IDW: Ashley Wood Infiltrates the Fine Art World with MACHINE WITCHES
Having taken the comic book and toy industries by storm, it was only a matter of time until acclaimed artist, designer, and enfant terrible Ashley Wood* snuck his talents into the hallowed walls of one of the world’s foremost fine art galleries.
This past fall, the lauded Jonathan LeVine Gallery in New York City hosted Ash’s first fine art show: Machine Sabbath. This May, IDW Publishing is proud to present MACHINE WITCHES, a brand-new retrospective of that very same sold-out show.
The oversized hardcover MACHINE WITCHES book documents the slew of gorgeously expressive paintings, drawings, photographs, and sculptures exhibited during the show, but also comes loaded with unseen paintings, sketches, and a brand-new interview with Ash.
“Ashley Wood has gone legit! I never thought I’d see the day…” said Chris Ryall, IDW’s Chief Creative Officer and Editor-in-Chief. “…but I’m glad I did. It’s about time the fine art world recognized what we’ve all known for years, and now it’s nice to be able to show everyone what Ash has wrought outside of that stuffy gallery setting.”
This May, you might believe your eyes, but you’ll probably still be a little suspicious.
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- MAGNETS AND GHOSTS DEBUTS NEW SONG, “DRUG MONEY,” FROM UPCOMING EP, ‘BE BORN’ - October 24, 2014
- James Asmus and Steve Lieber Target QUANTUM AND WOODY MUST DIE! #1 – Coming in January from Valiant - October 23, 2014
- CONSTANTIN FILM AND DARK HORSE ENTERTAINMENT JOIN FORCES ON “POLAR” - October 23, 2014
- Game of the Year-Winning The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series Now Available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One - October 21, 2014
- Warriors of Wrestling Presents: Warriors Revenge - October 21, 2014