STRAIGHT FROM IDW: Ashley Wood Infiltrates the Fine Art World with MACHINE WITCHES
Having taken the comic book and toy industries by storm, it was only a matter of time until acclaimed artist, designer, and enfant terrible Ashley Wood* snuck his talents into the hallowed walls of one of the world’s foremost fine art galleries.
This past fall, the lauded Jonathan LeVine Gallery in New York City hosted Ash’s first fine art show: Machine Sabbath. This May, IDW Publishing is proud to present MACHINE WITCHES, a brand-new retrospective of that very same sold-out show.
The oversized hardcover MACHINE WITCHES book documents the slew of gorgeously expressive paintings, drawings, photographs, and sculptures exhibited during the show, but also comes loaded with unseen paintings, sketches, and a brand-new interview with Ash.
“Ashley Wood has gone legit! I never thought I’d see the day…” said Chris Ryall, IDW’s Chief Creative Officer and Editor-in-Chief. “…but I’m glad I did. It’s about time the fine art world recognized what we’ve all known for years, and now it’s nice to be able to show everyone what Ash has wrought outside of that stuffy gallery setting.”
This May, you might believe your eyes, but you’ll probably still be a little suspicious.
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- Lion Forge Comics And IDW Publishing Revamp An ’80s Classic With Miami Vice Remix - January 29, 2015
- Rob Liefeld, Neal Adams, Mike Zeck, Phil Ortiz Highlight Artist Alley At Inaugural Wizard World Madison Comic Con, February 6-8 - January 29, 2015
- ERIC POWELL’S ‘THE GOON: ONCE UPON A HARD TIME’ - January 28, 2015
- John Tyler Christopher, Neal Adams, James O’Barr Highlight Artist Alley At Inaugural Wizard World Comic Con Indianapolis, February 13-15 - January 28, 2015
- William Shatner, Bruce Campbell, Seth Gilliam, Taryn Manning Among Top Celebrities Scheduled To Attend Inaugural Wizard World Cleveland Comic Con, February 20-21-22, 2015 - January 27, 2015