STRAIGHT FROM IDW: Ashley Wood Infiltrates the Fine Art World with MACHINE WITCHES
Having taken the comic book and toy industries by storm, it was only a matter of time until acclaimed artist, designer, and enfant terrible Ashley Wood* snuck his talents into the hallowed walls of one of the world’s foremost fine art galleries.
This past fall, the lauded Jonathan LeVine Gallery in New York City hosted Ash’s first fine art show: Machine Sabbath. This May, IDW Publishing is proud to present MACHINE WITCHES, a brand-new retrospective of that very same sold-out show.
The oversized hardcover MACHINE WITCHES book documents the slew of gorgeously expressive paintings, drawings, photographs, and sculptures exhibited during the show, but also comes loaded with unseen paintings, sketches, and a brand-new interview with Ash.
“Ashley Wood has gone legit! I never thought I’d see the day…” said Chris Ryall, IDW’s Chief Creative Officer and Editor-in-Chief. “…but I’m glad I did. It’s about time the fine art world recognized what we’ve all known for years, and now it’s nice to be able to show everyone what Ash has wrought outside of that stuffy gallery setting.”
This May, you might believe your eyes, but you’ll probably still be a little suspicious.
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- IDW TO RELEASE ORPHAN BLACK TABLETOP GAMES CARD AND BOARD GAME DUE OUT IN 2015 - April 27, 2015
- Veteran Artist Scot Eaton Joins Joshua Dysart to Fight “BROKEN ANGELS” in IMPERIUM #5 – An All-New Story Arc Beginning in June! - April 26, 2015
- ERIC CLAPTON TO RELEASE 3-DISC “BEST OF” COMPILATION, FOREVER MAN, ON APRIL 28 IN THE U.S. VIA REPRISE RECORDS - April 24, 2015
- LEMIRE & ORMSTON’S ‘BLACK HAMMER’ DELAYED - April 23, 2015
- David Tennant And Billie Piper To Appear Together At Wizard World Comic Con Philadelphia - April 22, 2015