Green Acres is the place to be! Green Acres: The Complete Series comes to DVD in a 24-disc set from Shout! Factory for the first time on October 17, 2017. Revisit your favorite friends from Hooterville in 170 episodes of farm-to-table homespun hilarity together on DVD for the first time!
Oliver Douglas (Academy Award® nominee* Eddie Albert) is a well-read lawyer who has had enough of the hustle and bustle of New York, so he pulls up stakes to settle down in a more pastoral setting … much to the dismay of his glamorous wife Lisa (Eva Gabor, The Rescuers), who’s more accustomed to life in The Big Apple than on a small farm.
Having said “goodbye, city life”, the Douglases must contend with their new surroundings – a bucolic world of slapstick silliness…and don’t get us started on one of television’s most recognizable theme songs!
A popular TV favorite throughout its six-season run from 1965 to 1971, Green Acres brings a comical touch of class to America’s favorite country comedy. Join transplanted New Yorkers, Oliver Wendell Douglas and his Park Avenue wife Lisa as they make a life-changing excursion to rural Hooterville, where they encounter the wackiest collection of neighbors this side of Arnold the Pig!
· Pilot Episode Commentary by Pop Culture Historian Russell Dyball
· Green Acres Is The Place To Be – Featurette with The Hooterville Handbook Author Stephen Cox
· Eva Gabor and Eddie Albert on The Merv Griffin Show (1966)
· Original Granby’s Green Acres Radio Show:
– Granby Quits His Job (Pilot)
– Granby Plants a Crop
– Granby Discovers Electricity
– Granby Bites the Love Bug
– Granby Lays an Egg
– Granby Breaks Down
· Photo Gallery
· Inside the Box: The TV History Podcast: “The Rural Purge” – as an alternate audio track/commentary to the last episode of the series
About Shout! Factory
Shout! Factory, LLC is a diversified multi-platform media company devoted to producing, uncovering, preserving and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their entire careers sharing their music, television and film favorites with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory’s entertainment offerings serve up feature films, classic and contemporary TV series, animation, live music and comedy specials. In addition, Shout! Factory maintains a vast entertainment distribution network which delivers culturally relevant programming, movie and audio content to all the leading digital service providers in North America and across multiple platforms. Shout! Factory owns and operates Shout! Factory Productions, Scream Factory, Shout! Factory Kids, Shout! Factory Films, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Timeless Media Group and Shout! Factory TV. These riches are the result of a creative acquisition mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. Shout! Factory is based in Los Angeles, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com.
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- Top Tips for Comic Book Fans - March 23, 2018
- GET READY TO DEVOUR COYOTES, VOL. 1 THIS APRIL - March 22, 2018
- BRIAN WOOD AND JUSTIN GIAMPAOLI TELL AN ALTERNATIVE HISTORY OF THE AMERICAS IN “ROME WEST” - March 21, 2018