Hayden Panettiere, Rob Van Dam, Betsy Russell, Walter Koenig, Jeremy Bulloch, Doug Jones Among Headliners At Wizard World Los Angeles Comic Con, September 24-25 At Los Angeles Convention Center
NEW YORK and LOS ANGELES – North America’s largest pop-culture tour continues as Wizard World Los Angeles Comic Con comes the Los Angeles Convention Center, September 24-25, with standout guests Hayden Panettiere, Rob Van Dam, Betsy Russell, Walter Koenig, Jeremy Bulloch and Doug Jones headlining the list of celebrity attendees, and guest of honor Mike Deodato Jr. leading a blowout list of superstar artists scheduled to attend. The event will bring together thousands of fans of all ages and dozens of celebrities and industry professionals to celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, graphic novels, comics, toys, video gaming, television, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more.
“We are excited to be back in Los Angeles, bringing so many superstar comics artists and celebrities,” said Gareb Shamus, Wizard World CEO. “We’re particularly excited about the wide collection of voice actors at Los Angeles Comic Con who have played some of the most memorable characters in the biggest blockbuster animated movies and popular television shows in history.”
Van Dam (WWE, IMPACT Wrestling), Russell (SAW, PRIVATE SCHOOL) and Bulloch (STAR WARS: EPISODE V, VI, III, “Doctors”) will be on site both days, while Panettiere (“Heroes,” BRING IT ON), Koenig (“Star Trek,” “Babylon 5”) and Jones (FANTASTIC FOUR, HELLBOY) are scheduled to appear on Saturday.
In addition to Deodato (“The Amazing Spider-Man,” “Captain America”), among the standout comics creators attending are Rodolfo Migliari (“Green Arrow,” “Green Lantern”), “Jock” (“Detective Comics,” “Batman”), Billy Tan (“Uncanny X-Men,” “X-23”), Gabriel Bá (“The Umbrella Academy,” “Casanova”), Fabio Moon (“Daytripper,” “Casanova”), Humberto Ramos (“Amazing Spider-Man,” “The Spectacular Spider-Man”), Michael Golden (“Spider-Man,” “Hulk”), Yanick Paquette (“Batman,” “Superman”), Judd Winick (“Batman and Robin,” “Power Girl”), Rob Liefeld (“Deadpool,” “Youngblood”), Whilce Portacio (“Artifacts,” “Uncanny X-Men”), Joe Jusko (“Spider-Man,” “Conan”), Bill Sienkiewicz (“Elektra,” “Assasin”), Greg Horn (“Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark,” “Hero For Hire”), Bernie Wrightson (“Swamp Thing,” “Batrman”), Mike Grell (“Green Arrow,” “Green Lantern”), Christos Gage (“X-Men,” “Spider-Man”) and David Mack (“Kabuki,” “Daredevil”).
Other popular celebrity guests scheduled to be on hand at the event include Michael Uslan (Producer, THE DARK KNIGHT RISES), Vanessa Angel (“Stargate SG-1,” “Weird Science”), Tony Curran (“Doctor Who,” “24”), Erika Eleniak (“Baywatch,” ET), Greg Ellis (PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, TITANIC), Clare Kramer (“Buffy: The Vampire Slayer”), Michael Krawic (“Star Trek: Enterprise,” “Star Trek: Voyager”), Cindy Morgan (TRON, CADDYSHACK), Brittney Powell (“General Hospital”, AIRBORNE) and Keisha Tillis (“The Walking Dead”).
Los Angeles Comic Con also boasts an impressive collection of voice actors of hugely popular characters from numerous movies and television programs. Fans can meet Tony Anselmo (“Mickey Mouse Clubhouse [Donald Duck],” WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT, FANTASIA/2000), Jim Cummings (WINNIE THE POOH [Pooh, Tigger], THE LION KING, SHREK), Chris Edgerly (X-MEN, “The Simpsons”), Siobhan Flynn (“Marvel vs. Capcom 3,” “Yoga Wii”), Kyle Hebert (“Marvel vs. Capcom 3,” “The Avengers”), Neil Kaplan (“Optimus Prime,” “Star Craft III”), Phil LaMarr (“Futurama,” “Family Guy”), Katie Leigh (DESPICABLE ME, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS), Jason Marsden (SPIRITED AWAY, A GOOFY MOVIE), Vanessa Marshall (CAPTAIN AMERICA, THE AVENGERS), Alan Oppenheimer (HE-MAN [Skeletor], SHE-RA), Mark Ryan (TRANSFORMERS, DARK OF THE MOON), Rodney Saulsberry (“The Invincible Iron Man,” “Spider-Man”), Susan Silo (LILO & STITCH, ONE UPON A FOREST), Rosearik Rikki Simons (“Invader ZIM,” “NieA under 7”), Don Stark “Spider-Man”), Tasia Valenza (“Star Wars: The Clone Wars,” “Batman”), Jim Ward (WALL-E, TOY STORY 3), Rick D. Wasserman (PLANET HULK, “The Avengers”) and Wally Wingert (“The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,” “The Garfield Show”).
Children and adult attendees are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite villain, superhero or pop culture personality for the chance to win special prizes in costume contests. Event-goers may also try their hand interactive product exhibits and shop for collectible comics, movie and television memorabilia, toys and games at a wide variety of dealer booths.
And Sunday, September 25, is Kids Day at Los Angeles Comic Con, with face painting, balloons, a “passport” treasure hunt and other activities designed especially for kids! Other special events include card gaming tournaments, professional photo opportunities (Photo Ops) and more.
Los Angeles Comic Con is the eighth stop on Wizard World’s 2011 North American tour. Hours are Saturday, September 24, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.; and Sunday, September 25, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. Tickets are available in advance online at http://www.wizardworld.com/losangeles.html at a savings over tickets purchased at the door. Advance adult single-day tickets are priced at $25 ($35 on site); two-day all-session tickets are $40 ($50 on site), and tickets are free for children age 10 and under when accompanied by a paid adult (limit two children per adult). VIP packages with special entry and exclusive items are also available on a limited basis.
About Wizard World:
Wizard World produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate graphic novels, comic books, movies, TV shows, gaming, technology, toys and social networking. The events often feature celebrities from movies and TV, artists and writers, and events such as premieres, gaming tournaments, panels, and costume contests. Wizard World also produces Wizard World Digital, an online publication covering new and upcoming products and talents in the pop culture world, and is distributed on a weekly basis to online and iPad users worldwide.
The full event schedule can be found at www.wizardworld.com.
***** SAVE THE 2011/12 DATES *****
August 11-14, 2011 – Chicago Comic Con
September 24-25, 2011 – Los Angeles Comic Con
October 22-23, 2011 – Mid-Ohio Comic Con
November 11-13, 2011 – Austin Comic Con
January 28-29, 2012 – New Orleans Comic Con
March 24-25, 2012 – Toronto Comic Con
April 28-29, 2012 – Anaheim Comic Con
May 19-20, 2012 – Big Apple Comic Con
June 1-3, 2012 – Philadelphia Comic Con
October 2012 – New England Comic Con
December 8-9, 2012 – Miami Comic Con
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- Angry Birds Launches From IDW - March 7, 2014
- MPI/Dark Sky Films To Release The Restored Version of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE - March 6, 2014
- Ronnie James Dio Tribute Album “This Is Your Life” Due April 1 from Rhino - March 6, 2014
- The Nearly Deads SURVIVAL TOUR To Commence (March 8-28) Headlining Slot at LIAN Riot Music Series In Milwaukee On March 8 Direct Support For HALESTORM In Nashville On March 28 Substream Magazine Instagram “Takeover” On March 4 Nashville, TN: Alternative rock outfit The Nearly Deads have announced dates for ‘The Survival Tour,” running March 8 – 21. Kicking off in Milwaukee, with a co-headlining slot at the inaugural LIAN Riot Music Series, the band then synchs up with Providence, RI rockers It Lives, It Breathes, from March 9 – 21, as they storm Chicago, Allentown, Baltimore, Springfield, Harrisonburg and other cities along the East coast. The band then returns home to Nashville to open for Halestorm at Cannery Ballroom on March 28. Before hitting the road, the band will “Takeover” the Substream Magazine Instagram account on Tuesday March 4 to reveal some exclusive behind-the-scenes footage and pictures as they prepare for Survival. Originally formed in Tampa, Florida, before relocating to the music mecca of Nashville three years ago, The Nearly Deads emit polished grit. Led by the gripping vocal embrace of Ms Theresa Jeane, her classical training is evident in the power and range of her voice, while her pop and punk influences shine through in her lyrics and captivating melodies. Matching her emotional countenance with a potent combination of agility and sensibility, guitarists Steven Tobi and Javier Garza Jr, along with bassist Kevin Koelsch, layer her fertility with a sturdy cloak of conductivity. Imagine Kelly Clarkson flicking the wick of My Chemical Romance. Imagine Shirley Manson holding Foo Fighters ransom. Imagine dragons, smashing pumpkins. Let your imagination soak in the burgeoning realization of new found glory. On Survival Guide, the band’s most-recent six-song Ep, producer Jon King (Augustana, 3 Pill Morning, Darling Parade) helped guide the band to fully unleash their immersive cohesion. Ingesting the elegant dynamics of “Fact and Friction, ” the fragile invincibility of “Changeover,” the raw rancor of “Reasons,” and the intoxicating empowerment of “Brave,” one quickly realizes that The Nearly Deads are modern masters of the ascension of tension, coloring their palette with elastic splashes. With a deft adeptness of effervescence, their songs elicit bristle with an infectious sizzle. Evidence of this lightning-in-a-bottle phenomena coalesce in the band’s watershed anthem, “Never Look Back”. Armed with a Zombie-infused music video, that skyrocketed past 6 million views, NLB finds TND scratching the surface of a sound, and a movement, that is dotting the eyes on the horizon. It’s this majesty of chemistry that fuels their consummate combustion of exposition. Touring the U.S. extensively for years, the band has shared bills with the likes of Halestorm, All-American Rejects, Tonight Alive, Warner Drive, Man Overboard, Sick of Sarah, Cherri Bomb, Captain Capa and Darling Parade and have cratered stages at Summerfest, Vans Warped Tour and Journey’s Backyard BBQ. From record to stage to the written page, The Nearly Deads continue to amass wide-spread critical acclaim throughout the industry. Crowned victors in the John Lennon Songwriting Contest and a Converse Battle of the Bands competition, the band has received significant airplay on MTVu, FUSE, BlankTV, Vevo and YouTube, achieved glowing features in Alt Press, ARTISTdirect, Outburn and Substream Magazine and rose to #14 on the Billboard Next Big Sound Chart. It all foretells an apocalypse of pomp and circumstance. History beware, a zombie nation is erecting the foundation of elucidation to composite global manifestation. The Nearly Deads are hitting their stride. Get ready for the thrill ride of your life. - March 5, 2014
- Marvel Comics & Wizard World Reveal ‘Wolverine #1′ Exclusive Variant Cover By Greg Horn For Sacramento Comic Con - March 5, 2014